Festival of kindness at Curve
- Sat 12 Feb
- Drop in
Children from Ash Field Academy and Mellor Community Primary School have joined forces with artist Sian W Taylor to takeover Curve. And everyone is invited to take part:
- Date: Saturday 12 February
- Time: 11am – 3pm
- Venue: Curve, Leicester
- Cost: FREE
- Suitable age: Everyone from 0+ and their grown-ups!
The children will be on hand to show you around and help you get creative and enjoy your experience.
Here's the line-up:
Downstairs at Curve
- With stand up comedian Daniel Nicholas
- Open mic joke telling
- Favourite jokes on display and on audio including Ash Field Academy recorded jokes. You can also add your favourite joke to the mix as well!
A DJ Party
- A live set from DJ Polky throughout the day
- A playlist of joy sparked by the children from the schools
Giant postcard art swap and exhibition
Traveling music: Gemma Fuller and her Trumpet
Talent swap challenge game: share and learn each other's big and small talents
Joy booth: visit the joy booth and be gifted a small gift of joy including musical performances, a piece of art, a joke or a recipe for the best sandwich in the world!
Upstairs at Curve (via the secret elevator)
The joy room and chill out space including:
- A magic space with photographer: Samuel Kirby - photoshoot with great props and back drops
- A film about Joy by Mellor Primary school
- A dress up room: where will your imagination take you
- Drawing challenge: a room covered with paper and bubble wrap. Cover the room with drawings of things that bring you joy, see if you can do a drawing challenge or lie on bubble wrap and relax.
No need to book - just drop in at any point between 11am & 3pm.