Creative Library Training
As a result of our partnership work with Library Services, The Spark have developed a package of full or half day Training and Consultation for Librarians. These sessions explore and embed some of the tried and tested cultural activities within your Library, transforming your space into a cultural hub of story based arts participation.
Half Day includes:
• How to create instant story making activities for families and school visits Word Wednesday, The Night the Books Came to Life, Story Bag and Non-Fiction Challenge
To find out more about the story making activities click here.
• An insight into hosting professional performances and working with local arts organisations
Full Day includes:
all of the above plus
• Hosting group activity such as multi-sensory toddler time, reading aloud for children (engaging reluctant readers), adult writing groups, local history societies, knitters/crafters etc
• Bespoke consultation to explore opportunities for cultural participation within your library, engaging all ages of your local community
• How to create events and programme professional performance
• Where to find volunteers and local artists and how they can enhance your offer
• Using social media to expand your reach
£350 for half day / £500 full day (plus travel) - Maximum attendees 20
Spreading the cost - one Library could host whilst several Libraries attend.
- Development and Training Agenda (PDF, 217 Kb)
A complete breakdown of the Imaginative Spaces Development & Training Sessions
To book a training session call 0116 261 6893 or email email@example.com
Early Years Storytelling Toolkit
Click here for some simple ideas for creating a Storytelling framework for early year's children and families