Igniting the potential for all children through extraordinary arts experiences.
- The Spark gives children opportunities to immerse themselves in the arts by experiencing a wide range of high quality work that inspires, empowers and educates.
- Through the presentation of an annual festival, a cultural education and community programme and through the production of our own work we offer children the space to discover their own skills, passions and potential, as audience, participants and creators of their own work.
- The Spark works to increase its impact on the creation and presentation of arts for children locally, in the UK and beyond.
Our Strategic Objectives
The charity has four strategic objectives:
- To commission and produce high quality, diverse and innovative programmes for children in venues (In Your Theatre), schools (At Your School) and community settings (On Your Doorstep) which provide children, their families and their communities with the opportunity to experience the richness of the arts.
- To organise a children's arts festival each year recognised nationally for the quality, diversity and innovation of the programme, and valued locally for its contribution to the quality of life for children through creating experience, enrichment and inspiration.
- To champion cultural education activity locally to ensure that children in Leicester/shire thrive through rich and adventurous experiences, no matter where they start in life, and to advocate for children's rights to enjoy artistic opportunities as audiences, as learners and as creators of their own art.
- To ensure that the organisation is sustainable, well governed by a skilled board and has the hallmarks of an effective charity.
The Spark believes that living by core values is key to good practice and decision making.
Our five core values are identified below. These values are all underpinned by a dedication to quality, excellence and impact. This is what forms The Spark personality.
We take a bold approach to developing new opportunities through the arts for children, young people and their families.
We believe that all children and young people, whatever their background, should experience high quality arts.
We care about children and young people. We enjoy working with and for them.
Our goals are long term. We will always seek to form significant, sustainable relationships.
We are confident, professional, reliable and friendly. We act with fairness, respect, honesty and integrity in everything we do.