Tiny Sparks: Musician CPD Programme
Creating possibilities for early years children and their families
The Spark Arts for Children want to encourage more musicians from a diverse range of backgrounds to consider making work for early years children and their families. We are looking for musicians who are interested in taking part in a two-day residency 'music lab' to explore ideas of making work with and for children 0-4 years.
The residency will be led by experienced early years musicians Arun Ghosh and Dave 'Stickman' Higgins and provide time and space to share and explore your own ideas and practice.
The training is suitable for emerging and experienced musicians who are interested in exploring making work with and for young audiences.
- Discover a variety of approaches to music making with early years with Instrumentalist Arun Ghosh and Percussionist and Rhyme Maker Dave 'Stickman' Higgins
- Creating safe places for exploration and child led music development, focussing on settings, staff and environments
- Discover how to create workshops that children and families can get involved in
- Practical ideas to use immediately including Do, Review, Improve for planning, peer observation or self-reflection.
- A forum to share your ideas and approaches
- An opportunity post CPD for you to visit and observe sessions within early years settings
Residency Dates & Times: Wed 6 June & Thu 7 June 2018, 10am – 6pm.
Venue: Bamboozle Theatre Company, Unit 10, 115 Burnmoor Street, Leicester, LE2 7JL
The training, which is funded by Youth Music, has limited spaces that will be allocated via an application process. Participants are required to attend both dates. Successful applicants will receive up to £50 towards expenses and lunch on each day. We request that participants bring their first instrument to the sessions.
To apply, please send your cv and a short covering letter outlining your relevant professional experience, why you want to take part, what you want to get out of it, and any future plans or opportunities you have to incorporate what you learn.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 12pm, Tue 29 May 2018
David 'Stickman' Higgins - A world class, multi-disciplined, drummer and percussionist, also a poet, actor, educator, conceptual artist and father. Involved in creating and delivering a wide range of innovative arts projects since the mid 1980's.
Arun Ghosh - A British-Asian clarinettist, composer and music educator, he leads world jazz music programmes and performances across the country for young people, from early years and babies to teenagers.