The Vital Spark Development Programme offers artists the time, space and resources to develop their practice around making work for children.
Over a nine-month period each artist has regular mentoring, an artist bursary, go and see opportunities, as well as creative development and networking opportunities.
We work closely with each artist to create a development journey that works for them, their development and access needs.
Meet the 2020 Development Programme Artists on the Vital Spark Blog
Who is the Development Programme for?
- Artists who identify as one or more of the following, African diaspora people, South, East or South East Asian people, or ethnically diverse and/or D/deaf, disabled and/or neurodivergent people
- Artists with experience of making professional performance (for any audiences)
- Individuals working within a company or as an independent artist
- Artists working in England and with an interest in supporting the children's performance sector in England
- Artists that share our vision of a sector more representative of children today
- Artists with an interest in work for children and young people that they wish to explore further
- Artists working in any form of live performance (theatre, dance, performance poetry etc.)
- Artists with experience or a genuine interest in working with children and young people
- Artists who are interested in developing their own practice without limits or barriers
Not yet if… you are at the start of your career, are new to developing and performing work for live audiences, or aren't ready to engage in critical practice.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2019-2020 Development Programme are now closed. Applications for 2021-2022 will open in Spring 2021.
To be kept up to date when applications re-open, and to find out about other events and opportunities in the meantime you can do any of the following:
- Sign up to the Vital Spark newsletter: click here
- Join the Vital Spark Artist Community group on Facebook: click here
- Follow the Vital Spark blog: click here