The Vital Spark Development Programme offers artists the time, space and resources to develop their practice around making work for children.
Over a nine-month period each artist has regular mentoring, an artist bursary, go and see opportunities, as well as creative development and networking opportunities.
We work closely with each artist to create a development journey that works for them, their development and access needs.
Find out more about our 2018-19 Artists on the Vital Spark Blog
Who is the Development Programme for?
- Artists who identify as BAME, a Person of Colour and/or D/deaf or Disabled
- Artists with experience of making professional performance (for any audiences)
- Individuals working within a company or as an independent artist
- Artists working in England and with an interest in supporting the children's performance sector in England
- Artists that share our vision of a sector more representative of children today
- Artists with an interest in work for children and young people that they wish to explore further
- Artists working in any form of live performance (theatre, dance, performance poetry etc.)
- Artists with experience or a genuine interest in working with children and young people
- Artists who are interested in developing their own practice without limits or barriers
Not yet if… you are at the start of your career, are new to developing and performing work for live audiences, or aren't ready to engage in critical practice.
How to Apply
Please read the information document below and complete the Expression of Interest form, or answer the questions in video format. The closing date is Wednesday 21 August, and shortlisted artists will be invited to a meeting day on Tuesday 10 September in Leicester.