Vital Spark Ideas Fund
The Ideas Fund is a seed commission which offers financial support and expertise for an artist or company to take a bold and exciting new idea in to the next stage of it's life.
The Spark will support two new ideas of work for children and young people (ages 0-13) per year from 2018 to 2022. These ideas will help us move towards an increase in high quality work that is diverse, relevant and representative of children today.
Meet the 2020 Ideas Fund Artists on the Vital Spark blog.
Who will the selected artists / companies be?
- Artists/Companies with an original idea for children and young people (0-13) they wish to explore further.
- Artists/Companies that identify as one or more of the following, African diaspora people, South, East or South East Asian people, or ethnically diverse and/or D/deaf, disabled and/or neurodivergent people.
- Artists/Companies that share our vision of a sector more representative of children today.
- Artists/Companies working in any form of performance (theatre, dance, performance poetry etc.)
- Artists/Companies working in England and with an interest in supporting the children's sector in England.
Not yet if… you are at the start of your career and/or new to developing and performing work for live audiences.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2019-2020 Ideas Fund are now closed. Applications for 2021-2022 will open in Spring 2021.
To be kept up to date when applications re-open, and to find out about other events and opportunities in the meantime you can do any of the following:
- Sign up to the Vital Spark newsletter: click here
- Join the Vital Spark Artist Community group on Facebook: click here
- Follow the Vital Spark blog: click here