Vital Spark Ideas Fund
Vital Spark is a four-year programme which aims to shift the landscape of performance for children and young people. We will do so by questioning with the wider sector what stories we should be telling, how, and by whom, and using this conversation to respond and act in a positive and immediate way.
About the Ideas Fund
The Fund offers an opportunity for artists who identify as BAME, a person of colour and/or D/deaf or disabled and their companies to receive financial support and expertise towards producing a new piece of work created for children and young people.
The Spark will look to support two new ideas per year from 2018 to 2022. These ideas will be bold and exciting, and will help us move towards an increase in high quality work that is diverse, relevant and representative of children today.
We will be working our way across England to deliver informal networking events in early September, and are interested in meeting artists who identify as BAME, a person of colour and/or D/deaf or disabled and their companies. These dates are:-
- Manchester - Wednesday 5 September
- London - Thursday 6 September
- Leicester- Wednesday 12 September
Apply for the 2018-19 cohort
Please download the Information Pack for more information about the programme and how to apply.
Deadline for applications is midday on Monday 24 September.
Applications can be by written, video or audio response to the questions and prompts in the Information Pack.
A large print and video version of this document is available if required - please contact Tara Lopez on email@example.com or call 0116 261 6893.
Who will the selected artists / companies be?
- Artists/Companies working in England and with an interest in supporting the children's sector in England.
- Artists/Companies that share our vision of a sector more representative of children today.
- Artists/Companies that identify as BAME and/or D/deaf and disabled
- Artists/Companies that have an original, exciting and bold idea they wish to explore further.
- Artists/Companies working in any form of performance (theatre, dance, performance poetry etc.)
Not yet if… you are at the start of your career and/or new to developing and performing work for live audiences.