Vital Spark Ideas Fund
The Ideas Fund is a seed commission which offers financial support and expertise for an artist or company to take a bold and exciting new idea in to the next stage of it's life.
The Spark will support two new ideas of work for children and young people (ages 0-13) per year from 2018 to 2022. These ideas will help us move towards an increase in high quality work that is diverse, relevant and representative of children today.
Find out about the Ideas Fund artists for 2018-19 on the Vital Spark blog.
Who will the selected artists / companies be?
- Artists/Companies with an original idea for children and young people (0-13) they wish to explore further.
- Artists/Companies that identify as BAME, a Person of Colour, and/or D/deaf and disabled.
- Artists/Companies that share our vision of a sector more representative of children today.
- Artists/Companies working in any form of performance (theatre, dance, performance poetry etc.)
- Artists/Companies working in England and with an interest in supporting the children's sector in England.
Not yet if… you are at the start of your career and/or new to developing and performing work for live audiences.
How to Apply
Please read the information document below and complete the Expression of Interest form, or answer the questions in video format. The closing date is Wednesday 21 August, and shortlisted applicants will be invited to meet with The Spark on Monday 16 September in Leicester.