By supporting diverse artists and ideas, Vital Spark aims to shift the landscape of performance for children and young people. We will do so by questioning with the wider sector what stories we should be telling, how, and by whom, and using this conversation to respond and act in a positive and immediate way.
The four-year programme will consist of
- Vital Spark Development Programme: a yearly programme inviting a range of artists who identify as BAME, a person of colour and/or D/deaf or disabled to develop themselves and the sector by interrogating their practice and the environment within which it sits;
- Ideas Fund: commissioning and supporting new, bold, exciting ideas for work more representative of children today;
- Vital Spark Productions: producing two new pieces of high quality work that have the potential to tour nationally and internationally.
Together we will be harnessing a pool of talent and product that is more representative, relevant, and ready to make a real impact on the sector; realising The Spark's vision to ignite the potential in children nationally and internationally.
Applications are now open for the Development Programme and Ideas Fund for 2018-19. Follow the links above for more information, or visit one of our Roadshows around the country in September:
- Manchester - Wednesday 5 September
- London - Thursday 6 September
- Leicester- Wednesday 12 September